Is there a meditation guide somewhere in the forum?

Like how long should the meditation be? What time will be the best? etc?
I always try to do meditation before sleep in the evening and then become so sleepy and I have to go to sleep.

1 Like

I find for myself first thing in the morning is easiest and 35 minutes is where I’m at. It’s been a couple months now and I definitely find it easier to rest in the quiet throughout the day.

1 Like

I meditate throughout the day. Usually 30 mins to an hour at a time. Sometimes 3X a day.
I don’t get very deep. But that’s ok.

I focus on my breath. When thoughts come in, I let them pass. But sometimes I get attached to a thought and lose track of my breath. So I just bring it back to my breath.

1 Like

Wow, you don’t have to work? :slight_smile:
I drive to office at 7AM every day and get off at 5PM so morning is not a good time for me.

1 Like

The question is not if you are meditating, it’s how. there is a dance of yin and yang in our life that is reflected in types of meditation. Active and passive elements, entwined and taking turns to lead, and we can cultivate a space to be more dedicated to either, like a bedroom for passive and a gym for active.

if i tell you to notice your feet, you don’t get more feet, but your feet will play a bigger part in your experience.

Notice the meditation when opportunity presents itself, and it will gradually be a more realized part of your life. Sit with it, play a game with it, stand in a que with it.

basically observing association without loosing your self in the calculation. While it can be appropriate to loose your self in that sometimes, don’t get stuck in being unstuck :smirk:

Not sure if this was helpful, but it’s my approach in a nutshell, go with what works for you and don’t mind the rest :relieved::pray::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is a good one, bro. thank you.
I’ll think about it. I usually think meditation is a dedicated one that you do it alone. But you have the point. I need to think about it.
Thanks again.

1 Like

The first type of meditation of emptying the mind is something I try to do all day long. It is something you can do while you’re working even. It is allowing the energies of the world to flow freely through and around you, and in a way sailing along to them with your being.

It is important to consider what roles contemplation and prayer take here as well. They help to inform and invoke the self, the emotions and the spirit.

In some small ways, all ways you engage and approach living is a form of meditation contemplation or prayer. This is helpful to me to help guide myself to being who I truly am. By being more aware of what I am thinking, and what I’d like to think.

Questioner: Is it better, or shall I say, does it produce more usable results in meditation to leave the mind, shall I say, as blank as possible; let it run down, so to speak, or is it better to focus in meditation on some object or some thing for concentration?

Ra: I am Ra. This shall be the last full query of this work time.

Each of the two types of meditation is useful for a particular reason. The passive meditation involving the clearing of the mind, the emptying of the mental jumble which is characteristic of mind complex activity among your peoples, is efficacious for those whose goal is to achieve an inner silence as a base from which to listen to the Creator. This is an useful and helpful tool and is by far the most generally useful type of meditation as opposed to contemplation or prayer.

The type of meditation which may be called visualization has as its goal not that which is contained in the meditation itself. Visualization is the tool of the adept. Those who learn to hold visual images in mind are developing an inner concentrative power that can transcend boredom and discomfort. When this ability has become crystallized in an adept the adept may then do polarizing in consciousness without external action, which can affect the planetary consciousness. This is the reason for existence of the so-called White Magician. Only those wishing to pursue the conscious raising of planetary vibration will find visualization to be a particularly satisfying type of meditation.

Contemplation or the consideration in a meditative state of an inspiring image or text is extremely useful also among your peoples, and the faculty of will called praying is also of a potentially helpful nature. Whether it is indeed an helpful activity depends quite totally upon the intentions and objects of the one who prays.

May we ask if there are any brief queries at this time?

2 Likes

Daily Practice of Meditation

Meditate every morning and every evening for 15-30 minutes. Use your mantra in Your First Meditation above. It is best to meditate before you eat. Try to meditate in a quiet place but if you do not have a quiet place to meditate that is okay. Noise is not a barrier to meditating.

Sit quietly, close your eyes, and do nothing for a minute or so. Thoughts will come and that is okay. It is natural to have thoughts during meditation. After a minute or so, in the same natural way that thoughts come, and without moving your tongue or lips, quietly inside start saying your mantra. Slowly repeat your mantra until you are done meditating. When thoughts come, gently return to saying your mantra. When you finish meditating, lay down and rest for 4-5 minutes.

At times you may be saying your mantra unclearly, and that is okay. At times you may not be saying your mantra at all, and instead your mantra may be a sense or a feeling of your mantra, and that is okay. At times all thoughts and your mantra may disappear and you may simply be aware, and that is okay.

You may go to sleep during meditation, and that is okay. When you wake up after being asleep, meditate for a few more minutes and then lay down and rest for 4-5 minutes.

2 Likes

What time is the morning meditation at
L/L? I read 6:30pm ET for the evening. I would like to meditate at the same time with others in the morning as well.
Thank you!

For anyone who finds meditation difficult I’d strongly recommend EcoMeditation developed by Dawson church. As someone with over a decade of experience studying meditation at the PhD level as well as exploring many different types the very first time I tried this i was blow away. Also I’ve been monitoring my heart coherence using the heart math device, and my coherence score for the guided meditation was higher than any other type of meditation I’ve done in the last 3 years. He also offers he book, BlissBrain, which goes into the modern science of meditation in great detail but in a way that’s easy to follow. It’s all free as well!

1 Like

I was pondering the loud noises in Gaza,
the idea that sharp loud noises can
damage the hearing of young children
and catalyze things like tinnitus - a sort
of high pitched auditory channel that
can become like background noise.

And then really quieting down my
meditation I became aware of some
extremely high frequency resonance,
higher than I can normally hear, which
then led me to discover others who
encounter this, like it’s not unusual.

There’s tinnitus remedies, like YouTube
videos such as

The Fastest Way to Stop Tinnitus:

Dr. Berg’s 30-Second Technique to Silence
Ringing in the Ears

However, this isn’t in my ears as much
as the center of my brain, oddly. Apparently
gamma brainwaves are among the highest
but auditory sound waves are much higher,
and this resonance is higher than that,
or at least it is a perception of some very
high frequency beyond what my ears hear.

My meditation practice spans over twenty
years - this may be some progression step
or anomaly that I share about in chance
others might relate. It’s more curious than
anything, somewhat comforting. Maybe
my meditation partially offers solace to
those far away, distance Reiki flowing.