Interact with Law Of One material via AI

A Turing machine is a minimal theoretical computer that could compute any algorithm in principle. Back in the 40s when Turing proposed it, it was radical because machines until then had always been built for dedicated tasks. What he defined was a device that could be progrogrammed for any computation, assuming indeed that its task was computable in the first place. Modern computers are what could be considered extensions to a Turing machine in that they are more sophisticated.

An algorithm is a deterministic set of rules to deliver a result in a finite time. Thereā€™s that word again ā€“ deterministic. In other words, itā€™s just following rules. The word ā€œfiniteā€ is important also. It doesnā€™t matter if takes a machine a long time, say millions of years, but it must produce a result which does not require infinite resources. An algorithm is therefore both deterministic and finite (whereas the ā€œInfinite Creatorā€ is not finite).

But I would like to ask your opinion: can algorithm be not in Turing machine way as we are usually used to think? Pure algorithm, for example?

Iā€™m not sure I quite understand you correctly. I think what you are contemplating should not be called an ā€œalgorithmā€.

Algorithms cannot, in my view, generate ā€œinformationā€. They merely manipulate or transpose existing information using rules. I think all information to which we are exposed has an ultimate source ā€“ the Infinite Creator.

Back in 90s, Roger Penrose wrote a book called the ā€œEmporerā€™s New Mindā€ in which he suggests animal brains have deep connections to the underlying quantum world (which is not deterministic).

Here he is discussing computation (aka algoritms) and consciousness:

Hope that helps

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to interrupt your dialogue. I just wanted to say that many people have tried to get to the quantum world from the point of view of the psyche, but so far I have not seen convincing works that could be purposefully applied to a human being and human societies. Maybe you are more knowledgeable than I am?
So far, Lynne McTaggartā€™s book The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe seems to me the most interesting at the moment.

1 Like

Will add this for now. Described very well as a ā€œcreate conditionā€:

11.18 Questioner: Then we have crusaders from Orion coming to this planet for mind control purposes. How do they do this?

Ra: As all, they follow the Law of One observing free will. Contact is made with those who call. Those then upon the planetary sphere act much as do you to disseminate the attitudes and philosophy of their particular understanding of the Law of One which is service to self. These become the elite. Through these, the attempt begins to create a condition whereby the remainder of the planetary entities are enslaved by their own free will.

1 Like

If you some one threatens your livelihood, or even your life, or takes away all other options in order force you to do something that you would not otherwise doā€¦ and you eventually do it because you feel you have no other choiceā€¦

does that count as your own free-will?

I remember asking God that questions a couple of years back.

(I didnā€™t do it BTW)

1 Like

There is a contradiction in your question Iā€™m trying to untangle (but cannot). Youā€™re saying ā€œyou have no (other) choiceā€ and asking ā€œdoes that count as your own free-willā€ at the same time. Maybe itā€™s a question does it count by others as your own free-will. So if you donā€™t count why youā€™re asking. Maybe because in this case itā€™s an issue because even if you donā€™t count you have not much to tell them against ā€œbut you did agree/sign etc.ā€.

The ā€œtrolley problemā€ is incorrect. If someone put people on rails itā€™s not your problem what to do. If you donā€™t touch itā€™s karma of who has put 'em on rails, but if you pull the lever you intrude. Itā€™s a third choice to avoid the incorrect choice. Very often we donā€™t see the third choice and forget of who has created the situation, but Iā€™m not saying the third choice is always correct.

So Iā€™m not answering you but noting that the binary logic of the questionā€™s choice is not always binary in fact.

Also itā€™s more or less generally accepted that tortures is an indication that such confession is not a free-will (ā€œlessā€ because itā€™s not always, as for example in Crocus City Hall). But itā€™s still an issue because such conditions are reached gradually by small steps when people say it counts as free-will.

And I have an observation that in this binary logic if (as you say) you did something they will say ā€œyou did it by your own choiceā€, if you didnā€™t do they will say ā€œyou didnā€™t do by your own choiceā€, so they are trying to ignore your third choice (which is ignore the wrong choice). Quiet quitting - is another example of the third choice.

• We all know that you are news - but are you king King of the Jews?
  • Your words, not mine.
  • What do you mean by that? That is not an answer.

( from here )

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply.

I understand the issue of false dichotomies. Moreover, I agree with you about the trolley problem. But try expressing it in a real world situation, and watch how shocked people are and how they look on you as a moral misfit! :slight_smile:

But there is some dilemma here in connection to the question of free-will. I grappled with it a couple of years back, as I have said, and Iā€™m reminded of a piece I wrote in which I expressed the following:

ā€œMy consent may be taken by force, but I do not give it freely.ā€

Indeed, I am aware of the contradiction here but it alludes to the heart of matter.

Hereā€™s another question I guess, but thereā€™s no dilemma here for meā€¦

If you feed poison to a trusting animal, could you then declare that the animal ate it because of its own free-will?

I think the answer lies in the intent.

1 Like

Something about this reminds me of
vocabulary, as if the extent of a personā€™s
vocabulary are like rails limiting where
language can take them. The Ra Materials
seems chocked full of obscure words
Iā€™d guess many people donā€™t comprehend
well. But in the chance they strive to
understand context and meaning then
might that drag them along to new
horizons? This spills into the idea of