Exploring the Emerald Tablet Through the Lens of the Law of One

Greetings, fellow Law of One seekers!

I’ve been pondering the teachings of the Emerald Tablet attributed to Hermes Trismegistus, and I couldn’t help but notice some intriguing parallels between its wisdom and the principles shared by Ra and the Confederation in the Law of One material.

I’ve provided both the original Latin text and an English translation of the Emerald Tablet below. As you read through it, does anything resonate with you in terms of the concepts discussed in the Law of One? Have you ever attempted to interpret the Emerald Tablet through the perspective of the Law of One teachings?

“Verum, sine mendacio, certum et verissimum:
Quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius, et quod est superius est sicut quod est inferius, ad perpetranda miracula rei unius.
Et sicut res omnes fuerunt ab uno, meditatione unius, sic omnes res natae ab hac una re, adaptatione.
Pater eius est Sol. Mater eius est Luna, portavit illud Ventus in ventre suo, nutrix eius terra est.
Pater omnis telesmi totius mundi est hic.
Virtus eius integra est si versa fuerit in terram.
Separabis terram ab igne, subtile ab spisso, suaviter, magno cum ingenio.
Ascendit a terra in coelum, iterumque descendit in terram, et recipit vim superiorum et inferiorum.
Sic habebis Gloriam totius mundi.
Ideo fugiet a te omnis obscuritas.
Hic est totius fortitudinis fortitudo fortis, quia vincet omnem rem subtilem, omnemque solidam penetrabit.
Sic mundus creatus est.
Hinc erunt adaptationes mirabiles, quarum modus est hic. Itaque vocatus sum Hermes Trismegistus, habens tres partes philosophiae totius mundi.
Completum est quod dixi de operatione Solis.”

“ True, without falsehood, certain and most true:
That which is below is like that which is above, and that which is above is like that which is below, to accomplish the miracles of the one thing.
And as all things were from one, by the meditation of one, so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
The Sun is its father, the Moon its mother, the Wind hath carried it in its belly, the Earth is its nurse.
The father of all perfection in the whole world is here.
Its force or power is entire if it be converted into Earth.
Thou shalt separate the Earth from the Fire, the subtle from the gross, suavely, and with great ingenuity.
It ascends from the Earth to the Heaven, and again it descends to the Earth, and receives the force of things superior and inferior.
By this means you shall have the glory of the whole world.
And thereby all obscurity shall fly from you.
Its force is above all force. For it vanquishes every subtle thing and penetrates every solid thing.
So was the world created.
From this are and do come admirable adaptations, whereof the means (or process) is here in this. Hence I am called Hermes Trismegistus, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world.
That which I have said of the operation of the Sun is accomplished.”

It strikes me that both sources seem to convey similar ideas about the interconnectedness of all things, the role of polarity, and the pursuit of spiritual evolution.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and interpretations! Have you noticed any distortions or alignments between the Emerald Tablet and the Law of One material? Feel free to share your insights and perspectives. I’ll also post my own interpretation shortly.

In unity and seeking,

ToInfinityAndBeyond

Hello! Here’s a few thoughts on what you’re sharing here. I’ve never read the entire Emerald Tablet, so I’m only going off what you’ve posted here. Note: quotes from the Emerald Tablet are bulleted.

• That which is below is like that which is above, and that which is above is like that which is below, to accomplish the miracles of the one thing.

This statement rings of “as above, so below”, which the entity Yom says is “very old in our culture, but very, very true” [1989-0423]. It generally speaks to the inherent Oneness of All That Is.

• And as all things were from one, by the meditation of one, so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.

This statement aligns with the notion of the One Original Thought. In their very first communication, Ra says:

The Confederation of Planets in the Service of the Infinite Creator has only one important statement. That statement, my friends, as you know, is: “All things, all of life, all of the creation is part of One Original Thought." 1.0

• The Sun is its father, the Moon its mother, the Wind hath carried it in its belly, the Earth is its nurse.

This statement is suggestive of the Primal Distortions. The Sun represents the First Distortion (the Law of Free Will, also called the Law of Confusion), the Moon represents the Second Distortion (the Law of Love, Creative Principle, Primal Co-Creator), and the Wind represents the Third Distortion (Law of Light).

Where does that leave the Earth? In that statement, the Emerald Tablet employs the analogy of childbirth. If the first three make the child itself, the nurse (Google Translate also suggests “nutrix” translates to “wet-nurse”) assists with the deliverance and nurturing of the child. To me, this suggests a distinction between the divine, heavenly nature of the act of Creation and the growth inherent in an incarnate existence.

It’s important to note that our present third-density incarnate existence is distinct from incarnations in other densities, particularly by the shortness of our lifespans. However, the Confederation sources highlight the presence of incarnation across the densities. As such, we see the foundational dual-aspect relationship between the Creator and existence.

• The father of all perfection in the whole world is here. Its force or power is entire if it be converted into Earth.

These sentences are a bit confusing, but I think it’s saying something about living in such a way to bring the conditions of incarnate existence into a divine state, which seems aligned with the notion of the crystallized being.

• Thou shalt separate the Earth from the Fire, the subtle from the gross, suavely, and with great ingenuity.

In connection with the previous statement, this gets at the idea of Polarity as Catalyst and the Polarity of Consciousness.

• It ascends from the Earth to the Heaven, and again it descends to the Earth, and receives the force of things superior and inferior.

Seems to say that rebirth is a fundamental catalyst-generating process.

• By this means you shall have the glory of the whole world. And thereby all obscurity shall fly from you.

Seems to say that the rebirth process will eventually lead to knowledge of the inherent Oneness of the Creator and knowledge of the light of the One Infinite Creator within yourself.

• Its force is above all force. For it vanquishes every subtle thing and penetrates every solid thing.

This seems to speak to the nature of Intelligent Infinity.

Alright, that’s my analysis of the translation you’ve provided. If you’re looking for more information on the specific terminology I used, I strongly recommend the LLR Concept Guide, which defines and contextualizes these specific concepts.