Different text, same Session

Dear friends,

I noticed that the text in the Law of One material is sometimes differently formulated/written.
This is not a big problem, but I was wondering which version represents the original text.

An example from Session 1.1 below:

E-book
“Do you have a specific purpose, and if so, could you tell us something of what your purpose is?”

L/LResearch - The Ra Contact: Session 1
“It seems members of the Confederation have a specific purpose. Is this true with you, and if so, what is your purpose?”

It seems that the web version on L/L research is the ‘updated’ version. I own the 40th Anniversary edition, which seems to be the same as the E-book version. The example above shows that the difference in words is quite specific.

Perhaps someone can help me out with the confusion :grinning:

I found this: An explanation of the different versions of the Law of One books, maybe that explains.

Kind regards, David

I think that the lawofone.info website version has the most true version to the original sessions. I mostly say that because they actually have the original audio recordings of the sessions by every question.

The little “play” buttons used to be shown by default, but I guess they’re not anymore. If you’re on a session page and scroll all the way down you can see some different options

[Hide question numbers][Show categories][Show notes][Show audio]

Click the “Show audio” and then the little play buttons should appear and you can listen to the original session recording. I can’t personally verify that the text that the lawofone.info website has posted by the sessions are accurate to the audio but I assume they are. I personally have gotten to know the Law of One through the Text-to-Speech version that the link I posted talks about.

Hi there, thank you for the response. I believe you’re right, I will refer to the original audio files when needed. :+1:

Thanks again!

David

Wow, I had not realized the play button was there before. I’m really happy about that now.

Yeaaaaa…

From the example you posted,
Taking out the word “Confederation” and all of the “editing” feels off. That is just to me,

Personally, the unedited version, and raw conversation between Don and Ra resonated with me the most.

I didn’t find it confusing, or hard to understand, it was without extra distortion.

I don’t understand why “they” change things up, and move stuff around to “cater” to readers and in the process, changes the original contact.

I was in the same place as you my friend, when I saw this… I was like…

“Wait, what?.. why would you change that?”
“Wait, who is changing this if Don is already passed?”
“What are you doing?”

I leave those questions behind now, as I am starting to see what is going on.
I am just glad the original sessions are made accessible to the public.

I hope the original texts doesn’t magically “disappear,” If it does, please make a post and say something.

Thanks Cheese, this is helpful and serves as a good indicator.

I pray that Wheelock can keep the site going.

No worries. That won’t happen.

If you take another look at the version link, the latest version of the Ra Material on paper is based on the relistennened project version and only has these edits here compared to the audio. It only incorporates the corrections that Ra itself mentioned in subsequent sessions.

Thanks Patrick!

That is true, the lawofone.info is the text version that I stick to as I have mentioned above.

The thing that felt “off” to me are the other versions and so forth.

Thank you for pointing to the edits, I’ve seen it before and had no issue with it.

Just to clarify,

This is the comparison I was talking about, not just the editing made through the “relistented” or “lightly edit.”

E-book
“Do you have a specific purpose, and if so, could you tell us something of what your purpose is?”

L/LResearch - The Ra Contact: Session 1
“It seems members of the Confederation have a specific purpose. Is this true with you, and if so, what is your purpose?”

Also what Cheese said is align with my intuition/perspective.

I think that the lawofone.info website version has the most true version to the original sessions. I mostly say that because they actually have the original audio recordings of the sessions by every question.