Concerning Frogs

NOV 5, 1995, Q’uo.

We apologize for this instrument who says she has a frog in her throat. We do not find any such creature to be inhabiting this part of her anatomy. However, if you will bear with us we will bear with her.

JUN 13,1974, Hatonn:

Questioner

I have one more question. I would like to ask this question if I may [inaudible].

Carla

[Inaudible]. You’re not going to believe this [inaudible]! All I see is a frog. I can’t possibly channel a frog. Wait a minute. Let me see if I can follow it, OK?

(Carla channeling)

Hatonn

I am sorry for the levity, my friends. Consider the state of a simple frog. This frog is suddenly one day thrust into the wet wonderland which is his home. He is almost transparent when he moves with many others of his kind and evades many enemies. Gradually he attains shape, color, discovers that he can make sound [inaudible] and that he can take life and give it. He discovers that his consciousness is flooded with many thousands of images daily, that he has great power in his hands, and that he has a fate which he must follow. One day the frog is no more, for its body is no longer inhabited and it sinks back into the bottom of the pond from which it originated.

This frog is a very important person to himself. His awareness is very central and that which he loves and that which he dislikes are very real to him. But, my friends, we who are of the type of entity which you call human are aware that a frog is a frog. Who is right, my friends? We would like to point out the frog is correct, that you are correct, and that both of you are incorrect, for the nature of both is consciousness—consciousness which comes from one source and which is going ultimately to its own source. There is no beginning and no end. There is only the unity, the freedom of [inaudible] and the joy of reunion. Any other opinion of self or meaning of consciousness is quite real but is unreal.

There is always much you may do to be of service. There are always lessons to learn. There is a reality to illusion, but, my friends, remember the frog. You are a prince to yourself and your right and your wrong are extremely important and that which you love and that which you dislike are very real to you. But you are only a [inaudible] and there is much hope. Allow your consciousness to rise into the light which created you and ultimately the questions will be answered for you will know that you are where you are and who you are and that all is well.

Even a frog can be a teacher.

1 Like

Marvelous! I’ve always admired French food. The secret for success is in the preparation, of course.

From NOV 8, 1981.

R

Yes. Hatonn—Latwii. I’m sorry. First off, is that a French name?

Latwii

I am Latwii, and we assume you mean Latwii for French and not Hatonn. We are unsure of the origin of Hatonn, but may say that Latwii is a name which vibrates with the harmonies of the density of light and we might note further that those of your planet known to you as the people of the French persuasion are often the bearers of light and therein lies any significance which might be correlated with our name.

Who knew?

lol, ye, who knew ! I bet its a small fringe : the French are always grumpy. And I am just a frog, so, fat chance :sweat_smile:

What a coincidence I just saw a frog hanging on my wall besides the front door :slight_smile:
Is this a ‘synchronicity’?

Hi Mirror and FloFrog, this is an interesting and humorous thread. The part with the poem, that may have been a bit deep for me, unless it was meant to be funny in a disgusting kind of way? If so that was funny, and if not apologies for my density :wink:

That was an interesting thing regarding the French as Lightbearers. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about France and it’s people. I think though, as an amalgamation of my history education in school and other stuff I’ve read/seen, it does somehow seem appropriate to me. I may be wrong, but my perception from fairly current world events is that France often doesn’t vote or march lock-step with other allies, and sometimes receives harsh criticism for their stance. If this is as a result of standing by ideals, I very much respect that. The world does need (at least 3d Earth IMHO) grumpy and cantankerous folks who have a sense of what’s right, will speak their mind, and push for change. Maybe more or less than other nations, I don’t know, it’s just my horribly ignorant opinion.

I did find this regarding The French Revolution and democracy. It’s from another site, and perhaps paints a different picture versus common tropes. They didn’t invent democracy of course, but they did make changes on the world stage that helped to propagate this seemingly more enlightened form of Government.

From this website: The French Revolution: A First Step Towards Democracy – The Greanville Post

Myth: The French Revolution amounted to a senseless bloodbath during which thousands of innocent people were massacred by a Parisian mob, led by Jacobin scoundrels such as Robespierre. Fortunately, a great leader eventually appeared on the scene, like a deus ex machina*, to restore order at home and, via an amazing string of victories in foreign wars, bring glory to France: Napoleon Bonaparte. For that achievement, France will forever remain grateful, even though things finished badly for Napoleon on account of a setback in Russia and a heroic last stand at Waterloo.*

Reality: Despite the bloodletting that accompanied it, which was actually due more to counterrevolutionary “white” terror than to the revolutionary terror, the French Revolution constituted a first step in the direction of the political and social emancipation of the great majority of the people, in other words, of democracy, not only in France but in all of Europe and the entire world. This fact was most dramatically exemplified by Robespierre’s abolition of slavery. As for Napoleon, in many ways he was a product of the Revolution, but he was certainly not a democrat; he restored slavery, and his quest for national and personal glory cost the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.

To me, it seems a little ironic and humorous that a while back amid all the middle east hubbub France took a stand, and in the US many loud belligerent voices (seems an all to common thing) were decrying all things French, and were pushing to rename French fries to Freedom fries. Yet, France did in fact help to facilitate widespread freedom and democracy, so did anything really change other than the [Pseudonym] ?

So dear FloFrog and all that is French I salute you! Vive la France!
Je suis Ra. Nous vous laissons, mes amis, dans l’amour et la glorieuse lumière de
le Créateur Unique Infini. Allez donc de l’avant en vous réjouissant de la puissance et de
la paix du Créateur Unique Infini. Adonaï.

in English:
I am Ra. We leave you, my friends, in the love and the glorious light of
the One Infinite Creator. Go forth, then, rejoicing in the power and in
the peace of the One Infinite Creator. Adonai

Correction: I am grateful for the French Lighbearers, and Google translate :wink:

Hi Kevin 111,

It is so lovely to have someone so congratulatory about the French when the French tend to hate themselves so much …

As a pupil of public school in france, ( a long time ago ). history was an important subject then and I remember all of us kids were fascinated by the gory side of the revolution with the invention of the Guillotine. I was like that too and repulsed at the same time by so much violence taking place this way with throngs of gatherers exploding in joy at the sight of a head falling… Its one of those images that all French pupils had at that time.

I read later much more, notably what Voltaire had to say and other writers of that era. You know neither you nor I were living there then, unless we’ll discover once the veil is off that we were. :joy:

From all the diverse readings I did in my late teens in philosophical class, and then by just personal interest in my twenties, it seems to me that perhaps several things might have happened. It may digress a bit from what Mr. Pauwells wrote though, lol…

First, from several very different readings, it appears that Louis XVI was very different from Louis XIV. He was definitely not an absolute monarch. He was a rather shy and educated quieter man ( I am not a monarchist, lol, so I am not there to defend that system, just talking about character ) and he was in fact quite bent from earlier to change the absolute monarchy into a system closer to the British one which he admired. So there’s this thing. It seems people surrounding him though, weren’t about to side with that view, ( understandably as they might have lots some privileges there) but I think this was a man who for once had compassion and wanted to do well by his people. So we , french, didn’t evolve then like the British. So that’s one thing.

The second thing and Jacques Pauwells in his essay shows that very aptly, Robespierre and the new assembly did really a lot towards implementing many more democratic rules and in this fashion paved the way for a much more equal rights republic. Absolutely. Also from other readings too, it well appears that the influential and powerful people were what Pauwells calls high bourgeoisie, often way more powerful, truly, than the class above them, the aristocrats.

Unfortunately, I feel the violence which erupted in the early years of the 1790s. with the horrific guillotine, did create a blood bath of often aristocrats who might not perhaps always have been the worst enemies of a saner democracy, at least for rural aristocrats. The rural aristocrats were not always horrible managers of farmers and agriculture in their rural estates. The Ancient Regime was a pretty centralized system, with heavy taxes, so it was case by case. One has to remember that the system had evolved from the medieval times when each owner of land and castle was responsible for the safety of people living on his land. It doesn’t mean that that system was fighting poverty, but there was at least a ring of safety provided more, or less, depending on the accountability of the lord. So when the revolution and ongoing violence extended from the capital over the land, in fact often depriving estates of those aristocrats, sadly agriculture went through a lengthy period of depression for lack of new organization, or disinterest by the new ruling class. Difficulty of feeding the population in the early 1790s then was a paradox as the revolution started because there was famine.
Again I am not here defending that ancient system, it’s just that there were lots of repercussions to what the revolution did.

Also, back to Pauwells, I am not totally sure I agree with his view of the Girondins. The Girondins were in fact a group very interested in decentralization of power, not so much about keeping the Ancien Regime. Robespierre was very astute into manipulating the Jacobins to keep power in his hands, If the Girondins had prevailed, the worst effect of the Terror might perhaps have been spared and we even might have seen a much more sane transition installed where regions would have had more power to wisely administrate themselves. The thing to remember from the Terror years is that the atmosphere was perhaps a bit similar to the system of denunciation in Russia, before the fall of the Berlin Wall, and you could probably send to the guillotine the neighbor you didn’t like by just denouncing him as an opponent to the revolution. This is not a trait that any revolution can be proud of.

Decentralization also is interesting because today France suffers from intense centralization even though they recently created larger regions, but not definitely granting more power to them,

So that’s my view, however poorly informed it may be. There’s a very interesting French philosopher alive today that I love ( he is an epicurean of great humor) his name is Michel Onfray and he has extensively written very interesting essays on the political minds and morals of the Girondins. He is pretty fascinating as he is a bit of an anarchist, a leftist at heart but deplores very much the way the left party has evolved in france.

There’s a lot of interesting things in Mr. Pauwells writing on the Revolution but I wonder if it is not a little too black and white at times, really. Just wondering from my poorly educated little frog mind… lol

1 Like

You view seems anything but poorly informed, and thank you for taking the time to give me such an in depth summary with more of the nuance.

That really helps to paint a vivid picture of what the stress and mood was like. Not the often romanticized perceptions of sprouting freedom in various movements.

The line “and you could probably send to the guillotine the neighbor you didn’t like by denouncing him as an opponent to the revolution.” That really struck me. That seems like something that could happen at any time in history with the people just wearing different types of clothes, and also seems like something you might see in a dystopian Tom Cruise movie. The revolution matures into the establishment but still maintains the initial brutal means of dealing with perceived dissenters.

Thanks for schooling me FloFrog :wink:

Lol Kevin am so not schooling you!! , it’s just that there are so many facets when a system is rapidly changed.

Monarchy as it was then was impossible to maintain amid such inequality, but hunger was the tragic and pivotal issue . Changes happening were essential towards some democracy, but what’s interesting is that long before Bastille Day writers and thinkers like Montesquieu had a lot of proposals towards changes suiting ideals of democracy.

So the Girondins were a mixed group of people dedicated to those ideals, not a real party with a dogma, but persons of different backgrounds, all united in same spiirit. Their progress started to worry Robespierre and the jacobins who wouldn’t let go of their power, so they made a pact with the Montagnards on the left who represented the poorest ones but in haste of pursuing the revolution by force and violence if need be, if only to remedy to poverty as fast as possible.

Violence was not the means by which the Girondins wanted to see reform happening so , horrified to see where their ideas were taking such a turn, they stepped back, and immediately were accused by Robespierre of wanting to keep the monarchy alive. From there, it was easy to arrest them, put them on trial as traitors and execute them , and this action started the lengthy Terror where you could be denounced so easily.

It’s both sad and of interest to see how difficult is the passage from a revolution to a saner system than the one in place before.

1 Like

I can see if I have already sent this reply, I may have and I just forgot … and after I type this and send then I’ll look and see:)

All I have to say until I read it all and think… is that Flofrog… what a fun thing to notice! I just… love the Easter eggs… I love to see how the patterns come to life … and the simple, common way of referring to frogs in such a complex (yet simple if we allow) place as in channeled messages from other than here… ( other than here unless we wanted to get into physics which … is a measure of distraction from truth many times, tho not always:)).

So… really until li read on… I just love this:) thank you:)

ha ha yes, how cute! Save the frogs and toads, they are here to help us and how precious they look! I love to hold there cold tiny bodies; offering them the warmth of my own body to energize them briefly. Nothing but joy to see these little guys hop off happily from my gentle clutch.

oh Dieu9 so you like my cousins ?? very slippery they are…

ha ha I do!

FROGS IN OPERA

Of course, Alberich foolishly turned himself into a toad in Das Rhinegold, thus allowing Loge and Wotan to capture him and rob him of his ill-gotten gains. So, toads in opera have a dubious association.

However, the French, ever reverent of their green namesakes, celebrate the little fellows in an 18th century opera by Rameau called Platee La Folie. The following scene only gives a few incidental camera shots of the frog-ish creature, but the main act on stage offers an example of what can happen when a person tries to channel a frog. In the Hatonn session quoted above, Carla had one sort of experience. This one on the video could be considered more creatively expressive of the French interpretation of 18th century “frogesque” aesthetics. It flows well and is florid in places, although one would not consider it florentine, exactly.

1 Like

My goodness is that glorious music. Rameau is just in another planet I think… thank you !!! . I totally didn’t know about that one.
Although I hate to say, it does show the folly of some of my cousins… but not all frogs and toads are that inebriated, good lord.

Well, let’s face it, those folks are having tons more fun than poor Alberich could ever have dreamt of within his Teutonic volk strictures. It shows how we’re all taking different paths while acting out different aspects of our interior selves and exploring different cavities of the roots of mind in any particular incarnation.

Happy hopping!

I stubbed my toe once, and 4:50 happened

2 Likes

I hope you were able find your way again. :heart:

2 Likes

Welcome FunkieFroggie, definitely found a bit of my path again, welcome here to this pond ! :smiley:

1 Like