Has anyone ever asked the full meaning/significance/history/use/pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton?

I have read the info on the Yahweh entity’s intentions, Orion usurping the name, Carla added shin to ritual… other than that, I don’t think it has been asked about. It may be particular to my experience, but I believe many traditions have many strong opinions on the topic: Kabbalah, Judaism, esoteric resources. The consonants, the vowels, the power/appropriateness of using it etc.

If it hasn’t been directly queried about, could we ask about it? My main question is regarding its purpose/use (if any) in our spiritual evolution right now. I am unfamiliar with magic and rituals, but I know that Yod-hey-vod-hey, for example, is mentioned in some. I understand the nature of language is mostly that of symbolism, and intention is usually the most important factor. But with the potential importance of specific sound frequencies, humanity’s penchant for distortion, and knowing how thoughtforms coalesce around subjects, I’m confused and hesitant to incorporate it into any spiritual practice or ritual without more clarification.

Thank u :heart:

(Ps- I also think I’ve been conditioned by a life of rigid religious practices to fear doing the wrong thing. (Like saying YHWH incorrectly) I’m scared to “make a mistake” in the spiritual practice of the LoO. So because I don’t want to unintentionally offend anyone or accidentally summon a creature from the depths, I wonder if there are any procedural no-no’s in the LoO? Is there anything I could accidentally mess up that would be really really bad? And the psychology of asking that question in the first place is even more food for meditative thought :woman_facepalming:t2::pray:)

1 Like

My sister please know that there are no mistakes. Every occurrence and happening is playing out exactly as it is meant to. If you were to ‘summon a creature from the depth’ it would be because that’s exactly what you need to do to learn a lesson or overcome a fear/distortion. Surrender to the faith of knowing this in your heart. All is well.

We are all simply thoughts, within thoughts, within thoughts, having our own thoughts, creating our own realities and extending on forever and ever in a rhythmic spiral of attraction and repulsion. An infinite vibratory scale of endless geometric and energetic possibilities. You are apart of that infinite intelligence.

There has never and will never be anything to fear, for all is love, all is unity and we will all go on forever. Together. As one.

5 Likes

Your words warmed my heart! Literally a glow of peace settled in my central feelers. Thank u, my friend :heart::pray::sunrise:

2 Likes

As well said by @Tomhumble, there is no mistake.
(Opposing) polarity is there for a reason, even when you stumbled upon the ‘negative’, the experience will make you understood more about it’s opposite in polarity, the ‘positive’.

As for the “Name”, herewith what Lao Tse wrote around 2500 years ago.

Words and names are not the way
They can’t define the absolute
It’s better that you look within
Hold your tongue and just be mute

Look within and look out too
You will not find a separation
Out there you see appearance
Within you see origination.

When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad.

Being and non-being create each other.
Difficult and easy support each other.
Long and short define each other.
High and low depend on each other.
Before and after follow each other.

3 Likes

In the Golden dawn system yod-heh-vau-heh (יהוה‎) represents the elements yod = fire, heh= water, vau = air, heh = earth. But by adding shin like Carla did is you incorporate the fifth element or the spirit or Prana, ether etc. Which transforms the word from yod heh vau heh(jehovah) to Yeshua which is Jesus’s name in Hebrew.

Thank u- I didn’t know that turned it into Jesus’ name. Interesting.

Were the 4 elements before the Logos? Or did our Logos create the elements? I thought I read somewhere that fire and air existed first. I wonder if that first fire was plasma/lightening/spirit matrix archetype- or how that fits in

Do we know the history/origin of magic? Did humans discover it or was it taught to us?

Ra mentioned elements, but they didn’t say what was first (as I remember). If you ask about elements on Earth, I think Logos should be first.

9.5 Questioner: The original, the first entities on this planet— what was their origin? Where were they before they were on this planet?

Ra: I am Ra. The first entities upon this planet were water, fire, air and earth.

78.29 Questioner: … Could you tell me how, in first density, wind and fire teach earth and water?

Ra: I am Ra. You may see the air and fire of that which is chaos as literally illuminating and forming the formless, for earth and water were, in the timeless state, unformed. As the active principles of fire and air blow and burn incandescently about that which nurtures that which is to come, the water learns to become sea, lake, and river offering the opportunity for viable life. The earth learns to be shaped, thus offering the opportunity for viable life.

1 Like

A point of view on Tetragrammaton :slight_smile:

1 Like

(in Spanish) You might be interested in this video explaining correspondence between elements with tree of life, human and astrology. In comments there is a discussion that there is an astrology tradition of a reverse elements’ order. Another video.

1 Like

Thank you!
I think my biggest hang up is making sure we aren’t talking about the negative Yahweh entity when we use the Tetragrammaton. I know that my intention is most important, but if there’s a long standing history of misdirected prayers etc, I don’t want to be adding to that. If u ask a layperson what the Tetragrammaton is they say Yahweh or Jehovah. How do we know that these practices aren’t distorted by negative beings?

There’s a healing sound mantra based on this!
Many people have found it quite profound.
It reminds me of the idea that songs can find
people when people need them.

• you discovered something that can´t be discovered!
  • but it can’t be not discovered either…
  • NUMEN woke up. It’s free now!
  • What shall we do?
  • Enough doing. It’s better not to do.
  • Somebody is trying to get in.
  • It’s not somebody. It’s NUMEN.
  • Shall we open the door?
  • Time will come and this door will open you.

(from here)