EEG for channeling and meditation

I found an article on consciousness units that proved to be very useful to my studies, thank you for the insight my friend.

I found this quote to be particularly helpful:

You may ask, where is One’s self-knowing coming from?

It must clearly come from within itself since One is all that is. Therefore, One must contain potentialexistence and actual existence. Actual existence is what One knows, what is manifested, and potential existence is the self-knowing that is not yet known. In other words, potential existence is what has yet to reveal itself and thus be brought into existence. It could be described as the “unconscious” of One—those aspects of One that can eventually be known. For the remainder of these articles, I will use existence to mean actual existence and the expression “potential existence” to indicate what is still unknown, but knowable, by One.

When One knows itself, a portion of One has to “embody” that knowing, yet such knowing must encompass the totality of One, like a glance about the totality of itself. It is a “portion” of itself only because it will be followed by other “glances,” but it is not a separable portion of One. I will call each self-glance a “unit of self-knowing” or a consciousness unit (CU). Thus, each CU is a part-whole of One; a whole because it cannot be separated from One and from the other CUs, a part because there are many CUs. Each CU has a unique identity that allows it to be distinguished and recognized from the other CUs, just like we recognize our individual memories. But unlike a classical memory, each CU is dynamic, i.e., it cannot be the same from instant to instant (dynamism); it is holistic, i.e. it is inseparable from One and from the other CUs, and it has the same urge of One to deepen its own self-knowing. The substance of each CU is nousym, the holistic substance of One that can know itself through qualia and is shaped by its self-knowing.

Great finds on the videos! and yea Tom Campbell’s work is really good and it is being supported by larger communities.

While I was looking at the videos, I came across this article.

Check it out if you have time!

2 Likes

I’m totally confused here. I never claimed all you need to do is practice Taichi. I’m sorry you’re distorting or misunderstanding. Best of luck on your journey.

2 Likes

thanks bigToeofLove,

Sorry if I confused you with the previous comment. I am simply saying that we should examine any materials, whether they are “spiritual” or “academic” with an open mind. Especially if one stand with such materials with heart and mind.

I feel this can be said as well from my end, but best of luck as well on your journey!

2 Likes

Since every time I post anything that is evenly remotely off topic, I get “jumped” by someone who is all too eager to give where it’s not welcome if you catch my drift.

So…because people are “boring” and don’t know how to have fun, here are some articles instead. * sigh * Hope they help. :v:

An excerpt:

AUDITORY SPEECH PERCEPTION

We are interested in how the motor and auditory cortex interact during speech perception. Transcranial magnetic stimulation provides a powerful tool to investigate these interactions (see our recent review paper: Möttönen & Watkins, 2012). In many of our studies we apply single-pulse TMS over the lip area of the left primary motor cortex to elicit motor evoked potentials (MEPs) in the lip muscle. These lip MEPs are larger during visual and auditory speech perception compared to rest (Watkins et al., 2003). This shows that excitability of the articulatory motor cortex is enhanced during speech perception. We are currently investigating motor excitability during listening to speech in noise and during audiovisual speech perception.
>
>Using low-frequency repetitive TMS (rTMS) we can induce a temporary disruption in the motor lip area. We have shown that this disruption impairs listeners’ performance in categorical speech perception tasks that involve lip-articulated speech sounds (e.g. /ba/ and /pa/) (Möttönen & Watkins, 2009).
>
>In order to understand better how the motor cortex contributes to speech perception, we are using TMS in combination with electroencepalography (EEG), magnetoencephalography (MEG) and functional MRI. Our recent study showed that TMS-induced disruption of the articulatory motor cortex suppresses automatic EEG responses to changes in speech sounds, but not to changes in piano tones (Möttönen et al., 2013). This finding provides evidence that the auditory and motor cortex interact during speech processing.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0167876001001635

An excerpt:

However, pain cannot be defined easily. It has the psychological experience of ‘hurt’ and a verbal reaction such as ‘ouch’, facial expression in ‘grimace’ and behavioural action of ‘crying’ in babies. Yet, the converse of these experiences may not be pain — the internal state of the human mind cannot be fully described by external behaviours alone. The official definition of pain by the IASP consists of three elements: (a) it is associated with ‘injury’ and ‘threat of injury’; (b) it is an ‘unpleasant’ and ‘emotional’ experience; and (c) it is ‘subjective’. Since pain is purely a subjective experience, it poses great difficulty for scientific investigation. Further, it defies a clinical judgement on how pain may be ‘functional’ or even ‘dysfunctional’. Both have been estimated to inflict human society with a grave financial burden annually in medical care, loss of economy and public compensation. Notwithstanding the economic loss, the pain suffering of the individual and family deserves our humanitarian concern.
>
>A further difficulty in studying human pain, unlike the usual senses, is its bewildering spectrum. It can range from congenital analgesia, nociceptive pain, traumatic pain, inflammatory pain, neurogenic pain, psychosomatic pain and even to psychogenic pain. Their clinical entities are current issues for discussion. Both the quality and intensity of pain can change over time, be it acute, transient, intermittent, persistent, recurrent, sub-chronic, or chronic. Thus, the spectrum and dynamics of human pain require careful understanding in order to investigate the central processing of pain in the brain. In a functional sense, the nociception of pain originates largely from the free nerve ending via both thin myelinated A-delta and unmyelinated C-fibres. Central integration includes spatial summation and temporal transformation at the spinal levels, sensory gating at the thalamic level and the final expression of pain perception at the cortical level. The research in psychophysiology and pain lies mainly in examining the bodily reactivity (HR, BP, GSR, temperature, etc.) induced by sympathetic–parasympathetic and immune systems and skeletal muscular changes during a painful experience. In addition to the peripheral, spinal and supraspinal physiology, the psychology of pain relates to the fundamental functions of attention, arousal and action. At the brain level, the neuropsychophysiology of pain research encompasses several major fields: (A) anatomy — sensory–discriminatory, affective–motivational and cognitive–evaluative processing; (B) physiology — discrete–distributed processing, serial–parallel processing and neural ensemble resonance; (C) psychology — attention, arousal and action/reaction. Some of these nociceptive processes can best be studied in animal models, while the conscious experience of pain can only be investigated from functional correlates of the brain in human pain by contemporary non-invasive techniques. It is useful to separate the advanced technology into three aspects: (1) Electrophysiology — microneurography, EEG, MEG; (2) Hemodynamics — PET, fMRI, NMRS, NIOI; and (3) Modelling — source localisation, multimodal co-registration, neural dynamics. The first two are based on elegant theoretical realisations by sophisticated technologies, while the last is based on computational realisation of biophysics in the brain physiology and structure.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/5510858_Emotion_Processing_in_the_Visual_Brain_A_MEG_Analysis

An excerpt:

Recent functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and event-related brain potential (ERP) studies provide empirical support for the notion that emotional cues guide selective attention. Extending this line of research, whole head magneto-encephalogram (MEG) was measured while participants viewed in separate experimental blocks a continuous stream of either pleasant and neutral or unpleasant and neutral pictures, presented for 330 ms each. Event-related magnetic fields (ERF) were analyzed after intersubject sensor coregistration, complemented by minimum norm estimates (MNE) to explore neural generator sources.

Some stuff to ponder… If anything resonates, if not leave it be.

1 Like

From the other angle, cosmology, this relate to “Simulation / Holographic Universe” theory.
This is the same conclusion as proposed many centuries ago by Yogic philosopher… the universe is an illusion (maya). Thus it also implies that the ‘identity’ within the universe is also an illusion.
Leonard Susskind, a physicist in Stanford lead to this conclusion from his study of black hole.
Pondering on the question of what happened to ‘things’ when it entered a black hole.

1 Like

I haven’t heard of Leonard before, thanks for sharing this!
This is was a good watch and listen!

He also have some good point with anthropic principle, but the other side does have good points as well.
https://www.edge.org/conversation/lee_smolin-leonard_susskind-smolin-vs-susskind-the-anthropic-principle

His observation does raise good points with abstraction (dualism)

1 Like

I recently found a group that is actively doing channeling research.

1 Like

Hey bigTOEofLOVE!

Thank you for sharing this!
Dr Radin explanation of the purpose of having scientific lens with magic and psychic phenomenon is refreshing.

He really strike at the core within the fundamental curiosity we all have, without fear of being judge. I really enjoyed seeing this interview

1 Like

I searched for “Don Elkins” and found this thread.
Actually I was watching a Netflix show called
“Gonzo”, I heard a song called “Today” by the
Jefferson Airplane - and thought, oh my gosh,
Don Elkins was paranormal Gonzo!

Okay, but truth be told - if he reincarnated and
found this thread - I share this in gratitude to him.

Yes, some nights my vibration goes so high that
sleep is impossible, but I don’t care because I’ll
put on some Sony Headphones with EOC
Institutes’ Equisynch Theta waves and be okay.
Like I could go a night without sleeping and
get going the next day like I had a good night
sleep by brainwave balancing.

The alpha and beta waves don’t do it for me.
Like a scribe, I think it’s delta, gamma, and
theta waves balanced that help bring out
my best, despite adversity (sleeplessness).

I mention this as many people I write to help
likely have similar struggles - why write in a
public forum if the vibration incurred causes
a lost night of sleep?

Possibly this is due to the diurnal cycle being
out of phase depending upon where on the
planet we reside - we don’t share the same
time zone. Personally, I prefer any energetic
transfer any time of day, as better than not.

I apologize if my vibration disturbs you - though
keep in mind these seem challenging times
and synching in some way seems helpful.

I’ll put the lyrics to Today here for Don Elkins,
it seems a song for him, inspired by the movie
Gonzo about Hunter S. Thompson who died
similar - destined to come back and help out.
Thank you Don, for the Ra Materials.

Jefferson Airplane, Today

Today, I feel like pleasing you
More than before
Today, I know what I wanna do
But I don’t know what for

To be living for you
Is all I want to do
To be loving you
It’ll all be there
When my dreams come true

Today, you’ll make me say
That I somehow have changed
Today, you look into my eyes
I’m just not the same

To be any more than all I am
Would be a lie
I’m so full of love
I could burst apart
And start to cry

Today, everything you want
I swear it all will come true
Today, I realize how much
I’m in love with you

With you standing here
I could tell the world
What it means to love
To go on from here
I can’t use words
That don’t say enough

Please, please, listen to me
It’s taken so long to come true
And it’s all for you, all for you

1 Like

Not at all soup, you are loved.

istockphoto-1446903855-170667a
post-ciudades-horas-luz

2 Likes

Thank you for affirming things are okay.
I love ya’ll too.

I think this week there was Session 31 shared.

I wrote this lyric improv a while back that
is about that session. You may read the
session and ask, how do they in any way
relate? I’d say it’s asking the universe
for a song and listening for an answer.
Everyone’s answer is different, and
that’s okay.

The sharing of sunny pictures. helps me
want to share in chance it helps somehow.
The intent of the improv is to help people
access something important from the
session, some music as balancing
so much light, with love - in some remote
chance that it promotes evolutionary growth.

SUNNY (Song beat similar to Marvin Gaye,
I Heard It On The Grape Vine)

Some may wonder
why we get it on.
Magnetic body bias strong.
Pent-up energy
get’s quite large.
Our circuits touch
And we release the charge.
A joy in being we comprehend.
Our sacramental connection.

And it’s sunny
on our tree of mind.
Careful choice
promotes loving kind.
Universal love
just what we find.
Radiating like we’re sunshine.
Sunny, sunny, yeah.

For some
it’s lucky random rides.
Bringing children
they can serve as guides.
Some couples adversarial.
Diminishing exchange jovial.
Others past lives
confuse imprints.
Their aura, the crowd infringe.
But for us - it’s sunny
on our tree of mind.
Careful choice
promotes loving kind.
Universal love
just what we find.
Sunny, sunny, yeah.

In sharing love
we may grow fond.
A desire to serve
can grow our bond.
In shared moments vulnerable.
We surrender memorable.
When time leaves us behind,
we remember ourselves divine.

Because it’s sunny
on our tree of mind.
Careful choice
promotes loving kind.
Universal love
just what we find.
Sunny, sunny, yeah

1 Like

I searched for Golden Age and found this
thread. When I pondered the idea, it then
reminded me of Ra appearing as Golden
Beings. Like possibly a community grows
compatible with the presence of Golden
beings, or alternatively they grow aware
of the presence of golden beings in ways
those of less acuity cannot. Then I saw
the Sunny song and it reminded me of the
idea, we radiate like sunshine, somewhat
detached from outcome with some sense
of unconditional immense platonic love.
Is it wrong to consider sunshine as a form
of ultimate golden age platonic love?

See the sun, feel the sun, extend loving
gratitude out to the Sun, goldenly. This
reminds me of a KT Tunstall song, Golden
Age. (I think she’s ahead in some ways.)

1 Like

Spontaneously, I might suggest components
of compatibility might include vulnerability
as a universal principle, distance as a peace
maker, a fearlessness in making connection,
and a delicacy in the flightless of a dove. It’s
sad, how reckless some portions of humanity
seem to be, as trade-offs to other values.
These other values may indicate some
evolutionary state humanity as led to be in.
At some point an incongruency in leadership
may approach some breaking point, or not.

1 Like