Desires and Unwanted

What does the Law of One state about where desires/unwanted come from? This question is derived from the idea of self inquiry in which you ask “Who is the “I”?

Example: Someone says “I want to get married.”

Because of circumstances, this person never gets married.

Why not?

If we are simply awareness without preference, where do desires even come from?

If we are not our emotions, what are emotions?

If there is no separate self, why do we have unwanted and wanted desires and emotion?

1 Like

Your inquiries delve into the core of the human experience, and many volumes could be written to fully answer them. However, based on my accumulated experience and understanding, I will share my perspective on the matter. Please take my insights with a grain of salt, as they may not resonate with you. Nonetheless, I will do my best to succinctly convey the essence of your question within the context of the LoO as I understand it.

Desire might be understood as a yearning or aspiration towards a specific outcome or experience, and it is seen as both necessary and positive, as it drives growth and expansion. However, it is also seen as a source of imbalance and ignorance if left unrefined and uncontrolled, and it is said that the path to spiritual growth involves learning to transmute desires from their lower, ego-driven forms into a higher form of desire that is aligned with the will of the One Infinite Creator.

Emotions might be seen as a type of energy and information that can influence our thoughts, perceptions, and actions. They may be thought of as the result of the interaction between the conscious mind and the unconscious mind and the interplay between positive and negative energy. One take on the goal of spiritual evolution is to achieve a state of being where emotions are understood and integrated in a balanced way, leading to greater harmony, love, and wisdom.

Unwanted desires and emotions are a result of a lack of understanding and balance in one’s self and their place in the universe. They arise from a separation from the unity of all things and an attachment to material reality and ego. Wanted desires and emotions come from a deeper connection to the unity of all things and a desire for growth, evolution, and greater understanding of the self and the universe. Achieving balance and understanding of these forces within oneself allows for the resolution of unwanted desires and emotions.

2 Likes

And once he got married, he desire it no more. He desire another thing now maybe a divorce. And after he got divorced he desire to get married again… and then divorce again… married again… divorce again… until at one point he pondered, hold on… I’ve been in this situation too many times… I always desire something that I do not have and I never desire something that I already have.

There is no harm, error or sin in desire. It is simply logical to satisfy appetites. Each organism has instinctual appetites and the fulfilling of them is appropriate and, shall we say, planned for by the infinite Creator.

This story, in brief, is that there was a holy man, an anchorite, one who had been given a room where he might put his bones and a daily bowl of meager soup and bread that kept body and soul together. And in this room this entity sat in meditation all his waking hours, waiting on the truth, resting in the divine, at peace, and feeling no rising desire. Years went by and then one day the door to his humble room burst open and into the room came a woman he had never seen before. She placed a baby in his arms. She had told her parents that this holy man was the father of her child, and she was giving the child to him. After contemplating this gift for a time this holy man set out for the sea coast very near the street on which he lived and obtained work of the most humble kind, carrying heavy things on and off the ships that traded at that port. With the money that he made, he purchased food and fed and clothed and tended the child that had been given to him. Several years went forward in this way, and then one day his door burst open again and this woman entered again, having decided that she wished for her child after all. He gave her the child who was by now passed the toddler stage, arranged his limbs for meditation and rejoined the light that he had left behind when the gift of the child was his.

To the one who has no arising desire the universe is free. It is a gift. And every blade of grass, every ray of sunlight, every kind word, every gentle glance, is a beauty and a truth. When you have no arising desires you may feel the grass and the elements, the dance of the wind, the dance of fire, the dance of water, and the dance of earth. And the universe lies before you infinitely complex, infinitely unified, at one with itself, at one with you, part of you, as you are a part of it.

2 Likes

In your opinion, what would a balanced way look like? And how would a person achieve that?

If an unwanted thing shows up in someone’s experience, what is that telling them? Should this person just allow whatever happens without defence or trying to change something?

If the Infinite Creator is the one who plans for the desires of each being, in this case, why would someone have a desire that is never fulfilled?

This is absolutely beautiful and I can feel it in my bones!

But, I find this topic slightly tricky, and I will share why.

In my personal life, I have a few clear desires that I intend to follow…I would be a little disappointed if these things did not turn out…

However, I also understand (as you described) that I can simply shift my perspective and allow whatever happens to be okay, and even beautiful…even if it took me a bit to reshape my thinking.

How can I have desires while at the same time know that all is well even if I don’t get what I want?

I could very easily let go of my desires and shift over into “whatever comes, I will accept and find joy and beauty in”. It’s as if it doesn’t matter which path I choose…my desires or whatever will be.

If the Creator put desires within me to follow, is it a “less appropriate” choice to let whatever will be?

That ‘someone’ will have such desire be ‘fulfilled’, yet afterwards it will desire again something else. Thus it will always have ‘unfulfilled desire’ and it will (again) say ‘i have a desire that is not yet fulfilled’, thus it’s a continuous loop, until realization arises.

Because after you get what you want, you will either want more or want something else.
Thus you put a ‘condition’ in order to be happy.
Such ‘condition’ then will always be a hindrance that you put on yourself in order to be happy.

Free from desire , you realize the mystery. Caught in desire , you see only the manifestations.
– Lao Tse

Then try it, and as Lao Tse said, you then realize the mystery and not merely seeing the manifestations.

Thanks for sharing your questions. Here are my thoughts on the matter.

I believe the Law of One would say that desires are programmed by the Higher Self preincarnately until one is ready to program their own catalytic experiences (desire being a form of catalyst to inspire an entity to change). See The Law of One Session 36 and
The Law of One Search Results for ‘Programming’.

Perhaps this person is programmed to learn patience and long-suffering through this experience. Someone who is patient and capable of enduring suffering will be much more empowered for polarizing, for example.

“Thus if one opportunity is missed another will appear until the, shall we say, student of the life experience grasps that a lesson is being offered and undertakes to learn it.” The Law of One Session 33

According to the Law of One, we are emotions, every single one, as well as everything else.

“You are every thing, every being, every emotion, every event, every situation. You are unity. You are infinity. You are love/light, light/love. You are. This is the Law of One.” The Law of One Session 1

Because wanted and unwanted desires are united.

“The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis.” The Law of One Session 5

2 Likes

Sorry about the double post, but I also wanted to share my thoughts on the rest of the thread separately from the initial questions.

Regarding desires as a general topic, I believe this quote is highly relevant:

The proper role of the entity is in this density to experience all things desired, to then analyze, understand, and accept these experiences, distilling from them the love/light within them. Nothing shall be overcome. That which is not needed falls away.

The orientation develops due to analysis of desire. These desires become more and more distorted towards conscious application of love/light as the entity furnishes itself with distilled experience. We have found it to be inappropriate in the extreme to encourage the overcoming of any desires, except to suggest the imagination rather than the carrying out in the physical plane, as you call it, of those desires not consonant with the Law of One; this preserving the primal distortion of free will.

The reason it is unwise to overcome is that overcoming is an unbalanced action creating difficulties in balancing in the time/space continuum. Overcoming thus creates the further environment for holding onto that which apparently has been overcome.

All things are acceptable in the proper time for each entity, and in experiencing, in understanding, in accepting, in then sharing with other-selves, the appropriate description shall be moving away from distortions of one kind to distortions of another which may be more consonant with the Law of One.

It is, shall we say, a shortcut to simply ignore or overcome any desire. It must instead be understood and accepted. This takes patience and experience which can be analyzed with care, with compassion for self and for other-self. The Law of One Session 18

If a desire hasn’t been fulfilled, I believe it is wise to continue seeking to fulfil it until one has learned through analysis, acceptance, and understanding what one was programmed to learn.

3 Likes

Through persistent daily effort, one can achieve mastery over their emotional body by transforming the lower, instinctual emotions into the higher vibrations of the fourth energy center. This is a general overview of the concept.

Unfortunately, as I myself have not yet achieved a harmonious balance between my subtle energies, I am unable to provide guidance on the matter.

Ultimately, it is up to the individual to navigate and determine their own path.

Advising others on their actions may create a paradoxical and inconsistent position for the individual who aims to be of service to others. In other words, our respective understandings are not necessarily interchangeable or applicable to each other, each must walk their own path.

2 Likes

This question is an easy one. When we find self resisting something or rejecting something or despising something, that simply indicates that we found something which needs love.

You ask about balance; this is a very good context to consider that. When I see someone and, to myself, say, “Ick!” I then tunnel into self, asking, "What is it about self I am not accepting and loving? By doing this, I am moving the balance point of the experience inwardly and re-framing it in terms of love. This is one way to open the knee-jerk response in a lower consciousness center and offer it to an higher one.

For example, I’m driving and another driver carelessly changes lanes, needlessly imperiling my mortal existence. I get angry. I catch up with him and pass that car. Looking its the window, I see some normal guy just doing the best he can.

So, I look inside to see what all the anger is about. I find rage that my existence is not more thoughtfully considered. I feel vengeance and fear of annihilation. (This may sound extreme, but these are the feelings I find. …This actually happened, maybe 3 weeks ago.)

Next, look at the parts of me that are experiencing those feelings and I offer them love from my heart. “Those feelings are so harsh and difficult to bear. Would you like me to hold you in love.” I’ve been through this before, so I say, “Yes.” Slowly, the love from the heart is accepted in the areas of lower conscious awareness, the feelings are accepted, the congestion subsides and the area returns to a more balanced working configuration.

Finding these feelings give me an avenue deeper into self to search for the roots of the vengeance and fear of annihilation.

3 Likes

Does LoO state anything specific about what analysis actually is?

Does our higher “self” do this without the involvement of the mind?

More specifically, what are some examples of processes that would aid a person in achieving mastery? What are the “actions” or things a person could do in order to do the transforming work?

1 Like

This is excellent. Thank you.

I too find myself deep within extreme emotions for such trivial matters such as stubbing my toe or dropping something on the floor.

Are there other questions that you ask yourself when inquiring within?

Not explicitly, but it does mention it multiple times where one may glean insight from context: The Law of One Search Results for ‘Analysis’

More generally, I see analysis as time spent contemplating ideas and organizing them in a logically fashion. This often entails breaking down ideas into smaller components and formulating relationships between them that enable one to better calculate conclusions such as calculating the consequences from a decision.

Tools for analysis include journaling, talking with others, and time spent focused on thinking about the ideas.

For example, Bella may have a strong desire to eat chocolate. To analyze this desire, she may begin to document when she feels the desire, how she responds to the desire, and the consequences of this response in a journal. Next, she may discuss this desire with her friends and family trying to identify patterns and root causes. Finally, Bella may spend time alone contemplating these ideas and come to the conclusion that her desire for chocolate is rooted in lack of emotional satisfaction and that chocolate may help alleviate it temporarily but it doesn’t actually fulfill her deeper need.

She may proceed to seek to feel emotionally satisfied by practicing a religion or building strong relationships with friends and family. Once she achieved this, her desire for chocolate naturally fell away as she finally understood the true meaning of the desire after performing analysis.

In my opinion, analysis is explicitly left for the conscious mind and lower self to perform as it is the one that requires learning through analysis.

I’m not sure what exactly you are asking in the context of that quotation. Generally speaking, the purpose of the process is to align self with learning the lessons one may have chosen to learn prior to incarnation. What these lessons are show up often in the daily catalyst, if one regards it thoughtfully. In broad terms, the lessons are about deepening the experience of love, therefore, the catalyst points to things which are calling out for your love. Once you identify the specific item seeking your love, then you offer love. Basically, it is difficult to offer the love, otherwise, you wouldn’t be stuck on this particular thing. So, learning to offer love is a key element.

If you stub your toe and erupt in anger, for example, what element of self is expressing anger? Find it. Whatever it is, in that moment, that is what is needing the love you are keeping sequestered in your heart. The lesson overall is, do not withhold love from anything which is asking for it, open your heart to all catalyst. This is the Law of One expressed in 3D. The first stage is to do this for self as deeply as is requested.

3 Likes

In my ongoing journey of growth and understanding, I am not yet able to offer counsel on this matter. But I hold the light of unity in my heart, and I can recommend this as an avenue of investigation:

21 Essential Lessons Vol. 1

2 Likes

Generally speaking, the work is to connect your conscious and unconscious selves together in a workable fashion. One model is to force the process, the other is the courtship model.

If you choose the latter course, then ask, “How might I interest my subconscious in playing and working with me?” Be creative.

One way of looking at what all this means is to consider that your emotions run very deep, and it can be by the process of following the track of their footsteps that you can begin a relationship with your unconscious.

You are a crystal being and everything you feel has its truth. You are always worthy to feel what you feel. There is never such a thing as an unworthy emotion. Everything, from seemingly black to seemingly blatant white in polarity, is acceptable to the one infinite Creator. Your job is to see and know the truth of yourself. When you feel these emotions you may feel they are unworthy but they are not. They are your truth and in feeling this emotion you have entered into what this instrument calls the archetypal mind.

Within the archetypal mind there is a very rich, detailed and broad spectrum of waterways, shall we say, emotionally coming from the most biased and the most colored and the most unique to you, moving slowly down into larger waterways which you come into as you purify these emotions, as you find distortion and bias and see into that distortion and bias. Over time, through realization and other work in consciousness which is more deliberate and less spontaneous, you begin to purify and refine the sensing system of your energy body so that when you feel the next emotion, even if it is exactly that emotion that was yours the last time that you felt it in connection with this relationship that is ongoing, say, yet you begin to enter into a larger waterway [than that] in which you are in the company only of those few entities who have your biases and have run into an entity and interacted and that entity has reacted in the same way.

You begin, as you refine your own system of energy and the corresponding emotional capacity of that crystalline being that you are, to enter into the system of archetypal mind in such a way that you are in a larger company, with more people who have done more work, just as you have done more work. What you are aiming for here is not to remove emotions but to refine and purify emotions. You are looking for a deeper and deeper truth about yourself. Now, just as all water systems do, when the stream becomes a creek and the creek becomes a river, the river widens and develops energy and power and finally it reaches the ocean. The ocean of the archetypal consciousness is unconditional love. You cannot rush or hurry the sail that you are on. You can mend your sails on your boat; you can correct and re-correct your readings of the stars; you can check your rudder for strength, but you must sail as the truth of your being is ready to sail. Penetrating too quickly into the water system and especially into the ocean of the archetypal mind is dangerous for you. It may swamp your boat. And it will certainly land you in a world of confusion that you cannot sort out by yourself. So as you do this work of attempting to increase your polarization, we encourage you to respect and honor every truth that each emotion offers to you, noting it down. And if you cannot handle working with it at this time, yet still honor and respect your truth, your color, and your brilliance.

Now let us look further at the way in which one polarizes. Let us step back from the question of polarization and look at the energy body with which you are working. For simplification and convenience, that energy body may be thought to consist of the various chakras. And this instrument is aware of a system in which the chakras are as the colors of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, blue, green, indigo and violet, with the white chakra, shall we say, hovering just at the top of that energy body as a crown. The first three chakras—red, orange and yellow—are the chakras which we would suggest it is helpful to visit every day, asking yourself in meditation, “What are my issues with survival? What are my issues with personal relationships with myself and with those about me? And what are my issues with the groups which I have decided to join as a human being in consensus reality?” These three categories are the categories of the red, orange and yellow energies.

If you do nothing deliberately, you will roam in endless circles. If you search from your simpler emotions and eventually find your way into your heart, then things will begin to open up and become far more interesting and beautiful and radiant.

1 Like

I searched for session 18 and found this thread.
The topic suggests some degree of conflict,
like being safe within danger.

Then I pondered the Scorpion on The Moon
Archetype artwork as having toxic poison.
Apparently 1gallon of Scorpion venom is $39M,
like the most expensive liquid. It has anti-cancer
compounds, like a chemo-therapy ingredient.
So for example, a desire for toxin because of
unwanted cancer.

This base song Toxic has a video of an Airplane
experience. I reflect that some era of airplane
travel, as Don piloted in, had stereotype trophy
wife stewardesses getting it on with wealthy
business tyrants, like some negative paradigm.

And then I felt well what if the hot stewardess
was STO and the tyrant dude STS, it kind of
fits some pattern of incompatibility that gets
willfully dismissed described as say a toxic
encounter.

Then I thought there’s demonstration of real
learning by way of paraphrasing. As if the
Law of One sits hiding in plane sight - as
found in Britany’s video. (A twenty year
anniversary of it apparently this week.)

Today I think of Brittany as holding a mirror
to a humanity blind from seeing its reflection.
As if there’s sanity found in her artistry.

This is a lyric improv for Law of One,
Session 18.

FANTASTIC
(Song beat similar to
Brittany Spears, Toxic)

Yo, my energy it’s falling.
Psychedelic trip been dancing.
Shamanic fit as channeling.

Experiencing desire’s bait.
To analyze that fire’s fate.
Your consciousness
it cannot wait.

Intelligent energy.
Relationship harmony.
Can you do the two?

In the face of your words
I realize You’re Fantastic
I am in awe of you.

In the face of the world
I materialize
I’m accepting of you
don’t you know you’re Fantastic?
This love that you stew
don’t you know you’re Fantastic?

As mastermind
you did the clones
And then you bind
by sexual bones.
Holy now, I’m knowing me.

Intelligent energy.
We benefit spiritually.
Can you feel the true?

In the face of your words
I realize You’re Fantastic
I am in awe of you.

In the face of the world
I materialize
I’m accepting of you
Don’t you know you’re Fantastic?
This love that you stew

Enlighten me
With what you see
We’re one as free
Fantastic

Not everyone has the configuration of fulfilling one or more core desires and then not being satisfied and moving on to the next, then the next, etc. That tends to happen with many people, but there is another challenge involved.

Let’s say that a person’s greatest core desire in an incarnation is to meet their ideal mate and have a deep and fulfilling relationship. Let’s say they attain that. Not everyone is going to get bored and then look for the next thing and the next. If they do make such a mistake, they might be in danger of losing what they have already attained that really matters. I suppose you could call that balance in desiring some things from the heart, and then being happy with them once you get them and not just looking for the next thrill.

There’s a certain element of cognitive dissonance with people who want certain things with a pure intensity, and then don’t appreciate them when they get them. Sometimes people have a subconscious fear of getting what they want, because they fear they might do just that, and not appreciate it when they get it.

The mentality that immense, continuous suffering is needed for forward growth actually comes in large part from the inability to appreciate good things and fulfillment of desires. It actually takes a certain level of intellectual and emotional intelligence and discipline to learn and grow under happy circumstances, rather than stagnating and/or wanting “more more more”. There’s no law that souls only learn through hardship and stagnate with fulfillment. People do that to themselves, because they take good things for granted and don’t pay enough attention to properly learn and grow through happy experiences.

The hardcore ascetic is as much a stagnant addict as the frivolous hedonist.

1 Like

I experienced it and it is a great lesson / experience by itself.
The moment that struck me was when I suddenly hear a song on the radio, an 80’s rock song by Cinderella…

Thanks to “Cognitive Dissonance”, “Cognitive Resonance” (it’s opposite) can be recognized and experienced. Thanks to Dis-appreciation, appreciation can be recognized and experienced